The Parents and Friends Association (P&F) has been the backbone of the fundraising effort in schools, and St Francis Xavier College is no exception. Each year this relatively small but enterprising group of volunteers works tirelessly to provide facilities for both staff and students that would otherwise not be available.
In recent years the P&F has provided funds for:
- new modern outdoor cricket nets and secure lock up PE equipment storage shed
- the College bus
- equipment for the Trade Training Centre
- financial support for the new Student Services Hub
- new bubblers
- sponsorship of senior students that participate in the Defensive Driving Course with 5th Gear motoring. The scheduled dates for the Defensive Driving Course will be advised. To view a copy of the permission form, download a copy here: Defensive Driving Course.
- new stage rigging and seating in the Theatre
Participating in the activities of the P&F is actively encouraged, as it is a practical way to both assist the development of the College and to get to know other parents in a social but important setting.
Ursula Jamieson - President
Yvette Whalan - Vice President
Anne Mornement - Secretary
Peter Wilson - Treasurer
Stephen Madden - APFACTS representative - the Association of Parents and Friends of ACT Schools Inc (APFACTS), represents non-government school parents and carers whose children attend Catholic and Independent schools in the ACT, and SFX is a member school. Go to the following website for lots of information about education issues that affect your children and tips on helping them, including the important issue of parent engagement. The "news and events" link has all the latest information www.apfacts.org.au
Meeting Dates 2017
Meetings are held once a Term.
28 February (6pm Meet & Greet followed by AGM at 7pm)
23 May 7pm
15 August 7pm
14 November 7pm