Careers News – 28 May 2021

If you’re going to uni, you need a USI!

Anyone undertaking any education and training with a provider outside the school system must have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).

This applies to:

  • Vocational Education and Training – study at Certificate or Diploma level through TAFE or other Registered Training Organisation (RTO’s).
  • Higher Education – Degrees etc. through universities and other providers.

The Australian Government describes a Unique Student Identifier as being a bit like a ‘Medicare number for education’ – without one you cannot receive your qualification or get any sort of Commonwealth financial assistance.

Use your family Medicare card to apply for your USI now.

For more information visit the Unique Student Identifier website.

Comments are closed.
Recent Posts
%d bloggers like this: