Canberra Hospital Work Experience Program
The Canberra Hospital Work Experience Program aims to provide ACT students in Years 10 – 12 with an opportunity to gain insight into the healthcare industry. Students participating in the program are given an opportunity to spend four days in either clinical or non-clinical areas to observe and participate in the daily activities of the area.
Work placement opportunities are available within:
- Ward environments and clinic environments
- Medical Imaging
- Trauma Service and Walk in Centres
- Physiotherapy (University of Canberra Hospital) and Occupational Therapy
- Dentistry (Health Centres)
- Podiatry (community)
- Nutrition (community)
- Medical Physics and Radiation Engineering
- Healthcare Technology Management
- Information Technology
- Health Protection
- Infrastructure and Health Support Services
Any student interested in applying can do so via the ACT Health website. The SFX Careers team strongly encourages students who wish to apply to visit the Careers Office before submitting their application. The documentation requirements are very strict, and the Careers team can provide some helpful tips to give the application the best chance! Please note, placements will only proceed once the ACT Government lifts the public health emergency related to COVID-19 in the ACT.
GoIT Girls is all about challenging stereotypes and inspiring women in STEM!
Tata Consultancy Services’ GoIT Girls program is a week-long work experience program aimed at female students in Years 10 and 11. Participants will meet inspiring senior executives and learn all about the growing number of jobs available in STEM, as future innovators, problem solvers and technology professionals!
GoIT Girls program has four areas of focus:
- Provide insight into the technology industry.
- Challenge gender stereotypes by showcasing women in STEM as role models.
- Build technical skills through coding but also the application of technology to solve business problems.
- Enhance confidence and employability skills.