Upcoming: Book Week 2023August 4, 2023
Term 3 marks the celebration of Book Week, which takes place in Week 6. The theme this year is Read, Grow, Inspire. There will be many events and competitions on offer to students including:
- A dress-up day on Tuesday the 22 August. Students are encouraged to dress up as someone that has inspired you– real or fictional.
- Featured Author sessions will run during recess times and will include Kwame Alexander who wrote Crossover and Becoming Muhammad Ali, Katherine Paterson who wrote Bridge to Terabithia, Raina Telgemeier who wrote the Smile and Drama series and Jeff Kinney of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
- For our aspiring authors we have ex-student Laura Monaghan coming on Wednesday Week 5 to talk about writing as a career and her journey so far.
- Ms Zimple has organized a line up of live music that will play during lunchtimes for the entire week.
- The Great Book Swap will run again to raise money for the Indigenous Literacy Foundation. For this we need everyone in our school community to donate books in good condition, which will then be sold for a gold coin donation during Book Week. Please drop off books to the Resource Centre.
- There will be a creative response competition where all students are invited to consider How has reading grown and inspired you? See poster for options.
- Lastly, there will be pastoral competitions throughout the week as well as book related craft activities.
See you in the RC!