School travel for 2021 – a note from Transport NSW

2021 school travel applications now open

Applications for student travel in 2021 opened on Monday 12 October 2020.

Applications must be completed by the student’s parent or legal guardian if the student is aged under 16 years. Students 16 years and over must complete the application form themselves.

Students who require a School Opal card or travel pass for 2021 can apply online. A new application should be submitted if a student is applying for a school travel pass for the first time or requesting an additional pass as a result of a new shared parental responsibility situation.

Students who have changed school/campus, changed address, repeated a year or received an expiry notification for their school travel entitlement should re-apply or update their details.

Where there is a change of distance eligibility based on a student’s grade, the system will automatically update a student’s entitlement if they meet the new criteria. If they do not meet the new eligibility criteria, they will receive an expiry notification via email. Students who have an entitlement approved under a medical condition which is due to expire will receive a notification advising them to re-apply.

Term Bus Pass holders will receive a notification to re-apply. To update details or re-apply, please do so online.

Applications must be submitted before 31 December 2020.

Students in the Opal network applying for a SSTS or Term Bus Pass entitlement for the first time will receive their card at their nominated postal address. Cards will be mailed out from January 2021.

Students residing in Rural and Regional (R&R) areas should receive their travel pass at the commencement of the new school year from their nominated operator, this may be distributed via the school or sent direct to their address. Please note, some R&R operators do not issue travel passes – students/parents should confirm with their nominated operator if they do not receive a pass.

New Concession Entitlement Cards

Transport for NSW will be replacing the below cards with Transport Concession Entitlement Cards (TCEC) from October 2020:

  • Senior Secondary Student Concession Card (16 years and over) – also used by Mature Secondary Students (18 years and over), Distance Education Students and Home School Students.
  • Proof of Age card (when a student under 16 years of age looks older).
  • Boarder Rail Pass.

All previous cards will be valid until they expire. Students who require a Transport Concession Entitlement Card should speak with their school administration staff.

Comments are closed.
Recent Posts
%d bloggers like this: